Wednesday, December 12, 2012

She is here!

So............as I write this, my daughter is sleeping in our house, in her little pack n play!  Yes, that's right, my baby is here!!!

She has already changed so much in the past week.  I need to get some more recent photos of her up, because these above are all from the hospital, as I'm sure you can tell.  

Wow.  We are enjoying our little bundle so much!  Most of the time, she is so super relaxed.  She will sleep with her arms up by her head and our pediatrician said that's a sign of a content baby.  Praise God.  She is healthy, strong, has a great set of lungs - ha! and is just so so so cute.  I know I'm her mother, of course I will say that!  But truly, she is like a little doll.

It's been a bit of a bumpy road with breastfeeding, though.  I don't think my milk has fully come in and so we've been supplementing with formula because she lost some weight after the birth.  It's been a real adjustment hormone-wise, too. I've found myself crying for no real reasons.  So many things about the past week are in my heart and on my mind, they are sentimental things and I get emotional just thinking about them.  For example, the way my husband loves our daughter is just mind. blowing.  I feel like I am falling more and more in a deeper love for him when I see how he just adores little G.  I'm tearing up right now!  And more along those lines.  I had as natural of a birth as possible and if it weren't for my husband coaching me through each contraction, I would have never been able to do it.  My labor was long and sloooow.  I had a pushing phase of around 5.5 hours, with a total labor time (counting when I needed to work and concentrate through consistent contractions, labor from start to end (48?) hours.  Sunday night at 9pm until tuesday 5pm!.  The contractions during pushing phase were so far apart -about 6-7 min. apart ,  that I wasn't making much progress pushing her out.  I was given PIT towards the end and that helped a lot, and finally she was born.  I also had an episiotomy, but I did not care at that point!  I will write about the birth in more detail, but that is the main overview!

Thank you so much for your prayers.  To my prayer buddy, thank you!  Your prayers for my safe and healthy, natural delivery were very much appreciated!  Thank you for your continued prayers for our little family.  Please pray I can have breastfeeding success!  

Thank you, God, and thank you to all my readers for your prayers!  Sweet G is here in major part due to your prayers, I have no doubt about it!  More pictures to follow, and you'll see what I mean about how she has already changed - in only one week!  I can't believe pregnancy and labor/delivery is over.  This may sound weird, but it makes me sad to think they are over.  So many supportive people from my husband to my midwife made this possible and I just get so sentimental thinking about it all. I have to tell myself that nothing has ended, but that it is all just beginning!  

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!! She is just gorgeous and I love the name!!! :) The hormones will even out, eventually. :) Be on the lookout for PPD symptoms though. It's pretty common. But around week 3 I started feeling like maybe I wasn't going to die. :)

    68 hours! You put my 31 hour labor to shame!! Haha!! I know what you mean about being sad it's over. I sometimes wish I could stuff Claire back in and do it all over again. Although maybe not now...since she is 17 lbs!! :)

    So, so happy for you. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! So happy for you. She is precious!

    Keep working on the breastfeeding. It takes awhile to get the hang of it. Are you drinking a ton of water all day every day? Every time you sit down to nurse, drink 8 ounces of water. Do you have a pump? You can try pumping after Gianna nurses to try and up your production. There are also foods you can eat (oatmeal, for example) and supplements you can take to increase your supply. Check out www.kellymom.com for tons of resources.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, she is SO BEATUTIFUL!!! Congratulations!!!!!
    I am blown away by the duration of your labor! Wow! That's crazy long! But what a sweet, adorable reward. Take lots and lots and lots of pictures! You can never have too many. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so lovely! And the hair! Gorgeous!

    I swear, I was just talking with a coworker about breastfeeding today - sometimes it is hard for a while - don't beat yourself up. Get a lactation consultant if you can! :)

    CoNGRATS!

    ReplyDelete