Tuesday, January 22, 2013

How things are going

I have been meaning to update you all on how things have been going.  Well, breastfeeding is not going. At all.  I stopped pumping and have finally been feeling peace about it.  It was hard this past weekend though, because we had to switch formulas.  G is not tolerating the cow's milk in the formula.  It's no big surprise, though, since I have been avoiding dairy for almost two years now and my husband and his whole family are lactose intolerant.  I guess our house will officially be a dairy free household.

When we decided to switch to a different formula, all my feelings of guilt surrounding not breastfeeding resurfaced.  It was a rough weekend, but we all made it through and now G seems to be very happy with her new formula.  I feel like I'm finally experiencing what a true newborn acts like.  She naps on and off all day now, and eats happily.  She wasn't colic-y before, but she seemed to need consoling all.the.time. Some days she wouldn't nap at all and when she did, she would wake at the slightest noise.  Now I think that was all due to her being in pain from the dairy.  She is napping in the same room as me now, and my typing is not waking her up.  Praise the Lord.

It's hard to believe she is seven weeks now.  Feb. 9th we have her two month appointment.  She has been gaining weight wonderfully.  At her one month she was 9 lbs and 1oz, and 21.5 inches long!  My little sweetheart is getting so big already! In fact, I've had to put some of her clothes away in bags already because they're too small!

We also had her baptism in early January.  It was a wonderful day and she slept through the whole ceremony!  We weren't sure how she'd do, so we put some milicon (infant gas drops) into her bottle.  I think that may have helped, because she was soundly sleeping and looked so peaceful.

I've been feeling better emotionally, too.  Thank you all for your prayers for us!  I hope to be better at updating on how we're doing now that I have some time during her naps.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear an update, although I'm sad that she didn't do so well at breastfeeing. It must be hard, but hopefully a good thing that she is adjusting to formula & napping/feeling better about getting restful sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you! Switching from nursing to formula was so hard... so emotional! But I know it's all ok! There are good days and bad days around it, but as long as our little ones are healthy and happy, it's all good! Hang in there mama!

    ReplyDelete