Thursday, January 26, 2012

Engine 2

So my husband and I have decided to do the Engine 2 diet 28 day challenge.  Whole F.oods Market is hosting the 28 day challenge and they have weekly meetings and even teach you how to make some of the meals in the Engine 2 diet book!  I'll keep you all posted on our progress.  I'm really excited!  I am going to be reading the Engine 2 diet book as well, but have done research online and it makes so much sense to me.  For more info, please see:  http://engine2diet.com/about_e2
My husband wants to lose weight and I want to fill my body with phyto-nutrient rich foods high in vitamins and nutrients, devoid of cholesterol (because our bodies make all the cholesterol we need on their own) and saturated fats.  I am not trying to lose wight, I simply want my body to have the chance to heal itself.  Eating a plant strong diet is proven to do that.  So far I have stopped eating chips and found myself hungry so I made Avocado Tomato Mango Salsa.  It is amazing!  You can find the recipe here:  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/avocado-tomato-and-mango-salsa/detail.aspx    I skipped the oil and salt though.  Trying to get my taste buds used to low salt and less oil!  Check out some of the videos over at the Engine 2 diet website.  Pretty remarkable stuff!

2 comments: