Thursday, February 2, 2012

HSG

It's been two weeks this coming Monday that we've been following the Engine 2 diet plan.  I must admit that I haven't needed to change much.  I was going light on the meat for a while now, but one major thing I have cut out is processed chips.  Chips are always processed, right?  Anyway, they're no longer in my diet.  Instead, I've been left to munch on nuts and other meal type things.  I am on CD 1 today and so far have only needed two M.otrin every six hours.  That may sound like a lot to you, but it's a whole lot less than I usually need.  I am pretty sure that my cutting out chips has made a big impact in my level of pain this cycle.  Thank the good Lord.

We also took another step towards uncovering our fertility problem today.  I scheduled my first HSG test for next week.  I am feeling relieved right now.  I am not in a whole lot of pain at all and we're going to be receiving some helpful information very soon.  I hope I will get to see the results of the test while I'm there.  It's so hard to be patient sometimes.

I've been kind of slacking in the blogging department.  I'm feeling kind of down because there have been a few babies born into my extended family in the recent weeks and one of them came really soon after the couple was married.  When will that be me?  God, how long are you asking me to wait for?  I hope you have graces in store for me to handle however long I need to wait, because I can't do it alone.  Another couple we know is getting married in the spring.  I was hurt when I learned that the bride to be is worried she might have trouble having kids "like me" because she is of similar build and also has painful periods and blah blah blah.  Well, you know what?  Not everyone who has painful periods is infertile.  And just because you are petite does not mean you are going to have trouble conceiving.  I know plenty of thin, small framed women who had no trouble getting pregnant.  So please, don't look at me and say "I hope I'm not like her".  There are so many factors involved in getting pregnant and it's not always so simple.

Sigh.  And another thing.  I have kind of went back on my whole FB post.  I did what I thought I'd never do and I joined again.  Sometimes when you feel out of control due to something like infertility, crazy things happen.  Now I'm on it and feel like I want to cancel, but then I'll feel really ridiculous because I just signed up again.  I feel so incredibly fickle right now.  Normally I'd be crying now but for some reason the tears aren't coming today. 

Please say prayers for me and my upcoming HSG test.  I hope nothing goes wrong during the test and I hope the results are promising.  Pray please!!!

7 comments:

  1. Two motrin every six hours? Haha I read that and thought, is that all? That is a DREAM dose for an endo girl! At my heyday I used to take four pills and then take 4 more two hours later...definitely too much but I couldn't get a handle on the pain! Two in six hours is amazing!

    I'll be praying for your HSG! Do you know if you will be sedated or not? If not, you may want to take some motrin about an hour beforehand, as it might cause some cramping. I have read that some people have no pain at all, but I did have some cramping and wasn't expecting it. The procedure doesn't take very long though, so that is a good thing. Hopefully you will be in the "no pain at all" group. :) If it does feel crampy, just try to relax as much as you can and take deep breaths. That seemed to help me.

    Praying for GOOD test results for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I'll be sedated, I don't think I will. When I had my pap smear done it didn't hurt at all, but I did notice a little bit of slight cramping a couple hours later. Thanks so much for your advice. I will either take motrin or have it on hand. My appointment is Wednesday the 8th at 10am eastern time! I am sure it will be fine, but if you could say a prayer then, I would be so appreciative!! Thank you Hebrews!

      Oh, and that made me so happy to know that the amount of motrin I was taking sounded like a dream dose for an endo girl. I used to have to take more, but that was when I was taking Aleve. I used to need about 2 aleve every 4 hours and would have to take that for about a day and a half. Now I feel like I'm able to go with 2 motrin every six hours for about less than a 24 hour period. I really think eating less inflammatory foods has helped, but what do I know! Anyway, thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
    2. Whoa, now that is a ton of aleve! Max dose for that is 2 per day!! Yikes! So glad you are not needing that now.

      And, I don't want to scare you or anything, but I do want to warn you--I found the HSG to be much more painful than a pap smear, I never had any problems w/those. I would compare the HSG to bad period cramps. But like I said, it's over in about 5-10 minutes, or at least mine was. I will definitely say a prayer for you at that time!

      Delete
    3. Yeah aleve was the only thing that worked for me then. I'm so thankful I'm not taking it anymore and motrin is enough!

      I will be ready and armed with my motrin for sure. My appointment had to be moved to this Friday. They had trouble finding a radiologist who could do the exam, apparently since my doctor is out of state, only certain radiologists could do the exam. Not sure what that's all about. But they found a radiologist available and my new appointment time is this Friday at 1pm. Thanks for keeping my in your prayers!

      Delete
  2. Oh and I also wanted to put an update: I cancelled my F.B AGAIN! You read that right. I joined and then cancelled it within a week time frame. My husband was half asleep when I told him I cancelled it, because of course I had to do it in the middle of the night since I wasn't able to fall asleep. After I cancelled it I felt better again and sleep came easily. I think my personality just doesn't do well with the F.B format.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Hebrews ... 2 painkillers is AWESOME! I never took that before I had my surgery ... it was 3 or 4 each dose and I'd dose every 4-6 hours. I was drugged!
    I didn't have any problems with my HSG, maybe slight cramping. You should be fine, but I'd take some pain meds just in case like Hebrews said. I'll be praying for great results!
    FB is quite the devil's playground, I'll say. I hate to get on there as I'm usually mad when I log off. I've been going on there within the last week so as to get used to my new nephew and all the comments I might hear. But I think that last week was enough for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers! I greatly appreciate them!

      Delete