Monday, February 13, 2012

Questions

Yesterday I had a really anxiety-filled day.  I've been noticing that if I have even a little bit of gluten that I react strongly to it now that I've been avoiding it for quite a while.  I got all stuffy and started having to clear my throat a lot, and then the anxious thoughts started flooding me.  It's like I'm unable to have a reasonable conversation about something, instead everything I say is kind of anxiety filled.  My husband tries to explain how my mood is different, which helps to have some objective take on how I'm acting.  I talked to my parish priest and am going to be receiving a low-gluten host when I receive Communion from now on.  I felt so anxious even talking to him about it, I hated the thought of him thinking badly of me or thinking it was all in my head.  Thankfully, those were indeed all just anxieties, as he was very understanding and said that a lot of people are developing allergies lately and that it's certainly okay to have a small piece of a regular host or to have a low-gluten host.  I just may need to remind him, as he might forget.  I had done some research prior to talking to him and knew that the low-gluten hosts were approved by the Vatican, apparently an order of nuns has made them specifically for people with gluten sensitivity.  I find it so crazy that I am so sensitive to it now.  I really do feel more out of sorts and anxious after eating something with gluten in it.  My sister has celiac disease, so I'm not surprised that I have reactions to gluten.  Apparently gluten sensitivities can manifest themselves in different ways with different people.  Some may get stuffiness, others may put on weight, others it may affect their fertility, others may have mood and emotional problems, and then the obvious, others suffering from celiac disease in which the celia lining the intestines are damaged by the gluten protein.  I am trying to get my whole family to try avoiding gluten for two weeks and see how they feel.  My Dad is not keen on the idea, but he is similar to me, prone to anxiety, so I think he would really benefit!  Have you limited gluten from your diet?  If so, what were the benefits you noticed? 

I am still so thankful my HSG went well.  But, and maybe I'm still anxious today because I'm wondering, should I be confused that we haven't found out what is wrong yet?  What is the next step here?  We haven't done the test for my husband yet, so that could reveal some important information.  But what about after that?  Do I need to have surgery if my HSG came back normal?  I know they can't rule out endo until they do a surgery but I'm just not convinced enough to go through with a surgery yet.  I want so badly to have the HSG be enough.  I don't want to do anything invasive unless I absolutely have to.  I hope I'm not upsetting anyone, because I know a lot of you have went through multiple surgeries and I really shouldn't complain.  I know we will do it if we have to.  I guess right now I'm just holding out hope that maybe the HSG unblocked something and now I'll be ready to become pregnant.  This is the start of my TWW.  I want to remain hopeful and trust in the perfect plan and love that Jesus has for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about wanting the HSG to fix your infertility problems without surgery! Its what I wanted too! Your doc will probably give it a month or two and see if the HSG made a difference before recommending anything surgical.
    I would go for a Semen Analysis for your hubby as that will tell a few things. My hubby did one last week and they found he had an infection (but they didn't say anything about count).
    I think diet has a big part to play in all of this! I think your eliminating gluten is fantastic! Especially as you've seen such great results so far.
    I'll be thinking about you on your TWW! May God's peace be with you as you wait. :-)

    ReplyDelete