Sunday, February 19, 2012

Doggie Time

We have been dog sitting for the past week. Rusty is so loving and sweet. I think he would make a good therapy dog, although he barks really loudly and often when there is something outside or someone at the door. He also barks a lot when my husband and I hug! It's really funny! He wags his tail and gets all excited, I think he knows love when he sees it! :) My good friend really wants me to get a dog, but honestly, I have never trained a dog before and I think the reason we're able to watch this dog is because he's house trained and older. He really just lays around all day.



I love it. :) Oh yeah, and he comes upstairs and sleeps by my side of the bed. I'm pretty sure that I'm the master, while his real master is away on vacation. He sleeps in, just like I do, too. I've really enjoyed having a dog around while my husband is at work. I think I'm going to miss having him leave!

Do you think we should get a dog? If so, what kind?

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm totally biased because I'm a complete dog person. So, I would tell you YES get one, even two eventually if you think you can handle it. We have two and I love it, they are such buddies.

    I am also biased on breeds! One of our dogs, Maddie, is a cavalier king charles spaniel, and I swear I will never get another breed! She is wonderful!! We got her as a puppy, but there are some rescue sites if you would like an older, trained dog. www.cavalierrescueusa.org is a great site with dogs all over the country. Maddie was fairly easy to train and LOVES people. Cavaliers are known for being very affectionate and friendly, and they live to please. They don't get too big either. Right now her annoying habits are mostly things that will go away as she gets older--she's only 10 months old, so still very much a puppy. She does shed though, which is the one thing I could do without. She is absolutely the sweetest girl! Definitely get a cavalier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a pet is such great company, but I'm more of a cat person myself. I have (gasp) 4!!! :-). They range in age from 12 years to 5 years. I love them all as they are cute, cuddly and one of them is a lap cat (she is the oldest, she's top cat!). I could do without the fur or the poop scooping, but it's a small sacrifice. If you get a cat, get 2. They will be good company for each other.

    ReplyDelete