Monday, July 9, 2012

Prayers needed for our next Ultrasound

My next ultrasound is already scheduled.  It's set for July 18th at 1:45 at the hospital where I plan to give birth.  I'm asking for prayers from all my readers that the two findings have gone away.  The technical terms for the two markers are: 
-choroid plexus cyst -- "a pocket of fluid on the brain that is not problematic in itself but may be a marker for Trisomy 18".
And
-echogenic intracardiac focus -- these are calcium deposits found on the heart.  This also isn't problematic in itself but may be a marker for Trisomy 21.
 
My doctor told us that she would "eat her shoe" if our baby had Trisomy 18.  Baby doesn't have any other physical signs of Trisomy 18, such as clubbed feet or shorter limbs.  And our baby is not smaller than expected.  In fact, she is measuring about a week further along than our original due date.  This was a happy surpise for my husband and I.  For some reason, I always pictured our baby being on the small side because I was always (and still am) petite myself. 
 
I don't really know what to think, though I'm trying to remain positive. 
 
Yesterday we had a pool party at my parent's house with some of my close friends.  It was really nice and helped me to relax and destress.  I have been feeling less anxious as time goes by, but I know I am in need of your prayers.  Please pray for me to trust Jesus with my whole heart.  Please also pray that we have wonderful news at our next ultrasound.  Thank you so much!!!!
 
PS. I am praying the Memorare each day up until my ultrasound.  Please consider praying it with me!
 
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.

3 comments:

  1. The info they gave you is correct, but I just wanted to assure you that both of these things are very, very common... Also usually are resolved by themselves. I've seen them on many ultrasounds.
    Will pray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new blog header!
    I'll be praying with you and for you!

    ReplyDelete