Monday, April 2, 2012

Results

I just got my blood results and progesterone was at 19. She said that's still within the normal range but she wants me to continue with the oral progesterone daily and skip Sunday's dose again. Then I will test the following day.
Does anyone have experience with doing this sort of thing? Is 19 a good level of progesterone? I believe some of you have needed progesterone supplementation, and right now I'm wanting to read your blogs so badly, but I can't until after lent is over. Oh well. I guess this is a holy week frustration I can offer up for my prayer buddy and all of my readers.

2 comments:

  1. Here's a link to the progesterone zone chart for each week of pregnancy. I hope that's not considered a blog:-) http://www.naprotechnology.com/progesterone.htm

    It looks like 19 is high Zone 2, which is good. 19 is what your body is producing on it's own without the supplementation. Protocol for a number less than 20 says you should be on progesterone injections of 200mg twice a week. You could ask your doctor about injections, but if you don't have any miscarriages, etc. in your history, than maybe you are ok with just the oral pills (200mg oral does not equal 200 mg injections).

    I can't remember what your 1st progesterone number was, but you want your progesterone to more or less stay the same during 1st trimester or go up. Mine was all over the place (up and down like a roller coaster) and Baby still survived. It's good your Dr. is monitoring it. Enjoy Holy Week, Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I would use that chart that PPIW sent, I was going to refer you there too! I've had to do 100 mg shots twice a week since 5 wks, so don't be surprised if you have to keep supplementing. PPVI told me it's not uncommon for the numbers to zigzag a little, but you want to make sure you ware still in at least mid zone 2 or higher, I would say. As long as you're still zone 2 and the numbers aren't going DOWN, I'd say you're good!

    ReplyDelete