Tuesday, April 24, 2012

We're Doing Well

Wow, I've been away for a while and blogger has a "new look"! I hope it's easy to navigate. Things around here have been going alright. I am now taking shots of progesterone 200 mg, twice a week. I just had my first shot yesterday. This was a result of my levels being "good, but not great" and the two days in which I noticed spotting. The spotting was scary, but thankfully I haven't noticed it since. My doctor had me two oral pills per day until my shots arrived in the mail. That seemed to help a lot while I waited for my first injection. I also had my first ultrasound! It was taken at 6 weeks and 4 days. The baby just looked like an oval/circle and there was this little lighter area that we're told is the heart. We were able to see it flicker on the screen, and that was just amazing! I couldn't believe there was another heart beating inside of me, besides my own. I still haven't gotten tired of the wonder of that thought. Oh, and the heart rate was at a healthy 141 beats per minute! Our little sweet one is working hard growing! I've been feeling a little more tired and some days the nauseousness lingers longer than others. I've had a few days where I've thrown up, and thankfully it isn't as bad as I was worried it would be. I think I've felt better after vomiting each time, and sometimes that good feeling stays the remainder of the day. My diet has been really simple. I'm eating fruits and some brown rice pasta, gluten free / dairy free pretzels to help settle my stomach, green drinks and other simple things. Occasionally I will have something a little adventurous, and usually I'm not too happy I've done it after. My best friend fruit right now would have to be mangoes. We've gotten the organic kind from w.hole foods and wow, they're SO good!!! I was also pretty tight with the bananas, until I had one that was too under ripe and it upset my stomach. And before bed, I like to eat gluten free bread, toasted with vegan butter (Earth Balance) and almond butter. Yes, both on the same piece. Try it, you will thank me!! I think the toast and protein in the almond butter helps me sleep well and makes the following morning less icky-feeling. I've missed reading some of your blogs! I think feeling blah has made blogging - reading or writing - somewhat unappealing. But I hope to be back more shortly. Have a great night!

3 comments:

  1. How do I get my post to keep the paragraphs separate? I didn't want this post to be all one big paragraph, but for some reason blogger isn't behaving and has mushed my paragraphs all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those progesterone shots aren't fun, but they are worth it to keep baby safe! That's so great that your u/s went so well...trust me, it NEVER gets old to see/hear that little beating heart. :) Keep growing baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for such a great update!!! :-) Grow, baby, grow!!!

    In relation to the paragraphs, try "returning" twice instead of once. That should add a space between your paragraphs. I don't know why blogger has to be so stupid about this. I swear I have to "preview" a million times to make sure that the post comes out the way I like it. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete