Monday, November 14, 2011

Gifts

Thanksgiving is right around the corner.  I can't believe how quickly it seems to be coming.  My thoughts though, have been surrounding Christmas, which will be upon us before I know it!  There's a problem, though.  I'm not sure what to give anyone.  Last night I was really sad because I have no ideas for gifts for my family members.  I'm fairly crafty yet I'm having trouble thinking of what people will like.  My husband wants to make food for gifts.  He liked the cookie in a jar idea, and baking other sweet treats to package as gifts.  I suppose I like that idea too, but a part of me wants something that will last longer than food.  Food gets eaten and then it's gone.  Maybe we can make food in addition to something else I make.

I have some Christmas fabric that I'm thinking of making aprons out of.  My Mom has a few aprons, and I think she will like to wear a festive one during Christmastime, and I know she will love anything I make.  I think I just need to dive in and make it.  Of course, I don't have a pattern, so it's all going to be made free-hand.  I think I will post a picture of it when I'm done!  Wish me luck.

The other idea I had last night is similar to a spiritual bouquet.  Is that appropriate for a Christmas gift?  I guess I don't see why not.  I can say prayers and offer things up for a family member, and then share the prayers that were said with them.  I think I got the idea from the prayer buddies that I've read about online.

Any ideas for thoughtful, inexpensive gifts?  I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. Your spiritual bouquet idea sounds wonderful!
    Also, I've always loved getting "pre-made" cookie mix, where the ingredients are layered in a jar (to look pretty) ... the person dumps them into a bowl, adds "x", "x" and "x" and they're ready to bake. Of course an instruction tag and prettying the jar up help ...

    ReplyDelete