Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Soup

So, I guess I caught my husbands cold.  Yeah, the one I originally passed to him, came back again to me.  We just love to share, what can I say?  Last night I was thanking God that we weren't both sick at the same time, that would be a real bummer.  That reminds me.  I am praying each night for my prayer buddy!  And I have already done a holy hour with a rosary and chaplet for her and her intentions!  :)  I don't know why I'm bragging about that, I just felt like mentioning it. Is it really bragging when you are talking prayers?  I wonder.

I just finished making homemade chicken, veggie, and bean soup.  I hope it tastes as good as it smells.

Not too much else is going on around the home front.  We have our wood stove coming on Monday, and will be getting our chimney swept by one of our neighbors this Friday.  My husband and I are thinking about doing something different for Christmas this year.  We've only been married about a year and a half (a little over that now), but we want to establish some of our own traditions, even though we don't have any kids yet.  I mean, who is to say that you need to have kids in order to establish family traditions?  I was annoyed when it was kind of assumed we would spend Christmas the way my family always has - at an Uncle's house on Christmas eve.  I know it wasn't meant as rude, but I felt annoyed that nobody even asked us if we planned to come.  We just got thrown into the secret santa thing and now we have two people we need to buy for.  Enough, I say!  I'm going to give them a call and let them know we have other plans for Christmas.  Not sure what they are yet, but that's okay.  Even if its just a quiet Christmas Eve and Christmas day with my husband, I will be happy!  I feel like a rebel.  Not going to the traditional festivities.  How can I do that?  Well, it's easy, I just won't go.  I'm not waiting until I have kids to stop doing something I don't like doing already.  Don't get me wrong, I love my family.  It's just that I want some space and some respect that my husband and I are our own family now, kids or no kids.  Thus, we will make our own plans.  Wow, that just went on way longer than I planned.  You get the picture.  Well I better go check on the soup.  Have a nice night!

3 comments:

  1. I agree, definitely start your own traditions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you got another cold! Yes, your own traditions are definitely good to start now. And setting boundaries with your family as a result will be hard, but I'm sure it will make the holiday all the more special for you and DH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry you caught the cold. Ugh! The soup will hopefully cure it.
    Good for you for starting your own traditions!

    ReplyDelete