Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanks be to God

God has always taken care of us.  I am so amazed at the providence, protection and power of God.  Let me share with you a little story.  It means so much to me because I have been stressed about money a lot recently.  First let me say, I am moving forward with the direct selling business.  I'm at peace with it and feel like I can take things as slow as I want.  So, along with being stressed about money, my husband and I have been talking about money saving ideas, possible ways to pay off debt sooner and everything.  Well, yesterday my husband comes home with great news!  He got a "compression" adjustment at work.  He didn't know what it was until yesterday, but it is an income adjustment that takes place to ensure that he is in line with market standards right now.  It takes effect his next paycheck!  The amount we were hoping to make extra, he will now be getting plus a little extra.  And this isn't even a normal raise.  Those take place in April.  So, long story short, we are super thankful!!!!  I don't need to do this part time job after all.  But since I've already kind of got things rolling, I am going to keep at it and see how things go.  Any extra money coming in will just help us pay things off faster.  I am so thankful to God.  I know things like this ought to teach me how to trust in Him even more, but I am always trying to improve in that area of my life.  Trust is so important though, because as God told St. Faustina, the more a soul trusts in Him, the more He will bless them!

On another note, I am so excited for Thanksgiving.  My husband and I are making this: 

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2007/11/double-layer-pumpkin-cheesecake.html

with the oatmeal cookie crust.  I am so excited!  Husband also has a shorter week this week and we are going to be getting our permit for the wood stove.  Another thing I'm excited about.  :)  Our stove gets installed December 5th, for any one out there who is interested in that little tidbit of info. :)  Oh yeah, and the apron I was making is done.  I'm going to give it to my Mom for Christmas.  Other than that, everything is going well.  We are mid way through our second month of charting.  It is not fun, but we're getting through it.  Per our instructors recommendation, we are "avoiding" this month.  Funny, because I didn't think I had to actively avoid, but I think she may be worried about a conception that wouldn't survive for some reason.  Either that or she just wants me to not be confused when trying to read the cm signs.  Anyway, we'll be happy when this learning period is over and we can see the Napro doctor to review my charts.

Well, thank you all for your prayers.  I really appreciate them!  I have peace with my decision and God has blessed us with extra income through my husbands job.  It's hard to not be tempted to spend the extra money on stuff we don't need, but I am being good and we are sticking to our budget! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment