Sunday, December 4, 2011

Candles

We were supposed to meet with our charting instructor yesterday, but I asked to reschedule because I am still not feeling well.  We are, however, going to see our Napro doctor this Friday.  My husband has the day off, so we'll be able to take it easy there and back (it's a two hour trip each way).

I want to make a few gel candles for Christmas gifts.  They're so easy to make.  Michaels craft store has a tub of clear gel wax that is easy to melt down and pour into small glass containers.  You can also buy a wick and some cute little decorations to put inside the candles.  I made a bunch of candles a few years ago but have been out of the habit of doing it lately.  It turns out since we haven't cancelled plans with my extended family on Christmas Eve that we may just end up going because we're in the secret santa. I'm frustrated about that, but it's my own fault because I didn't want to make the call and cancel.  Ugh.  So I was thinking I could make a candle as a gift for my secret santa.  


I'm sorry I don't have anything more to write.  I think my stuffy head is making it hard for me to think and write. I'll try to write more tomorrow.  Our wood stove will be arriving tomorrow, I'm so excited!!  Well, have a good night and God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds cute! I wish I were crafty like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite the trip ... 2 hours each way! I hope the weather is good for your trip.
    I didn't realize that Michaels had gel candle materials. How cool! They would be the perfect gifts to make ... although for this year, we got men for the hubby and I in our Secret Santa exchange. Oh well. I know what to do for next year! :-)

    ReplyDelete