Thursday, December 29, 2011

On My Blog Title

Today I was thinking of my blog title and wanted to write a little post about what it means and why I chose it for my blog.

God has many "divine names".  He is Existence itself, Love itself, Truth, Justice, Mercy, Being, Knowledge and Goodness itself.  All of who God is, is existence.  He is Existence itself.  His essence equals His existence.  To say God exists is to say who and what He is.  God is also fully love.  His essence, or who and what He is, is Love itself.  It is so hard to fully grasp this with our finite minds.  But it is wonderfully amazing to contemplate it even just a little.  God is Love itself! 

"He that loveth not, knoweth not God: for God is love." 1 John 4:8 

What we know of love is a small portion of Love itself and when we love, we share in a participation with Love itself.  In the same fashion, through our own existence, we share in a participation of God, Existence itself.  Knowing more of who and what God is, helps us to love and trust Him more. 

When I think of the people who love me most, I think first of my husband, parents, cousins, and siblings.  Their love for me is real and true, but it is nothing compared to the love God love's me with. For His essence, His being, is love.  There is no love more real, more fully active than Love Itself. 

This brings me to why I chose this title for my blog.  I chose it because I want to always remind myself and others who God is.  He is Love itself.  With this reminder, I hope to learn to trust Him more completely and fully.  I hope to remind myself each day that there is nothing God allows that is not without reason, or a purpose and some greater good.  It is my hope that my dear readers are blessed with this reminder each time they read this blog.  Be not afraid, put your trust in Him, for His essence is Love! 

3 comments: