Friday, December 9, 2011

Question

Does anyone know anything about night sweats and why woman can have them?  I've been trying to get information from online, but you know how hard that can be sometimes.  So I thought I'd reach out to you ladies.  For a while now I've been experiencing night sweats.  They aren't all the time, but they're annoying when they do happen.  Yesterday morning and then again this morning I woke up and my clothes were all damp and I felt sweaty.  I've been trying to see if I can notice a pattern when they happen.  I think they happen more towards the end of my cycle.  I'm due for my period any time now.  In fact, I thought I was going to get it yesterday.  I wonder if this could have to do with low progesterone?  I'm really looking forward to meeting with my napro doctor (next friday) to see what she thinks of this.  If anyone has any information on what helps them, please advise!  Am I going through menopause at 28?  haha I sure hope not!!!

And Hebrews, you need to get a wood stove, they are awesome!  Super cozy!!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Are you on any meds? I got night sweats bad when i was on lupron....aka the devil drug. My bet is, it's a medication side effect of some kind.

    And yes, I do!! :) We have a fireplace in our new house but we are not sure how to work it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm actually taking a medicine to help with anxiety. I was hoping it wasn't from that because I don't know if I should stop taking it. It really helps calm my anxieties. But the night sweats are really not fun, as you know!

    We had our wood stove installed on the hearth of our fireplace, so you could do that too if you were ever interested. The wood stove pipe just goes right up through the chimney. We've used our fireplace a few times but it's not really an efficient way to heat the whole house, it's more for ambiance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No advice on night sweats. I'm so sorry ... How uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete