Monday, March 26, 2012

Thank you!

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments and support! They mean so much to me!! I am going again today to have my hcg and progesterone checked. We were able to have them both checked already on Saturday morning, too! The results were sent from the lab to my doctor that same day and I got a call from my doctor at 4pm! I couldn't believe how fast it was all happening and what a relief it was to get feedback so soon. She confirmed that I am indeed pregnant and told me my level of progesterone was at 17.3. She said she would like it at or above 20, but since I seemed to have found out so early (she said it was probably the earliest I could have found out from a home pregnancy test!) she thinks that's the reason it's lower than 20. She isn't very worried, but didn't want to take any chances, so she advised I take the prescription for progesterone that she had called in for me earlier that day. So I took 200 mg of oral progesterone after I got off the phone with her. It made me dizzy and sleepy, but she told me I could feel nauseous and tired, so I just ended up taking a nap.

I have to say, my Napro doctor is amazing and I am so thankful for her. I would recommend her to anyone - just leave a comment if you want her name and location!!! She works with people from all over the country, so don't worry if you're not in the same state, I'm not even in the same state she works in! I really feel like I'm in good hands and was so relieved to have her help me with getting a blood test done so soon and for calling in a prescription over the phone for me. So I've been taking the 200 mg of progesterone in the evening these past two nights. I guess it will depend on my blood results today if I'm able to discontinue the oral supplementation (I'm not sure I want to do that yet) or continue what I'm taking now or if I'll need to switch to injections...either way, I'm praying for good results!!

I'm a little nervous because it's still so early. I'm trying to be thankful to God and trust in Him completely. I haven't been feeling tired though and it worries me a little because that's kind of a "classic" sign, it seems. I have been feeling extra thirsty and going to the bathroom more, but besides a few mood swings, I don't really feel bad.

I'm actually feeling better now than I do normally. Maybe that's due to the fact that I'm drinking at least one organic greens powder drink each day, sometimes two. I also think eliminating gluten and dairy, as well as cutting out processed foods, has helped me immensely. For example, I used to snack on plain potato chips or tortilla chips with salsa all the time. There's no gluten in chips (just potatoes, salt and oil) so it was an easy snack, but I think I may have become a little addicted to them and was eating them way too much. Now, we've got no chips in our house. I missed them initially, but not anymore! In their place, I now eat whole fruits, brown rice and veggies. I love brown rice with avocado (doctor wanted me to try to put on a little weight so I try to eat an avocado each day now) and organic salsa. It's so good!!!! We've also cut out most animal products, except for a small amount of eggs in gluten free deserts. How that's helped with my fertility, I'm not sure, but it's definitely helped my complexion and I feel less sluggish when I get out of bed, go up and down stairs. In general, I think these diet changes have led me to consume more whole foods. We've been buying organic produce, and I think that's key. I still take a prenatal and B6, but feel I am also getting plenty of vitamins through whole foods and either my powdered green drink or a blended drink of fresh/frozen fruits and leafy green vegetables.

It's so funny, when it's morning now, I'm just AWAKE! I think it's part physical but also part psychological. Normally I would sleep late into the morning - mostly because I didn't have anything I needed to get up for, and it was sometimes a little depressing for me. But now I feel like I don't have the desire to sleep the morning away. I feel so happy and I feel so good physically, too!

If you're still waiting and reading this, I want to encourage you to have hope!! You are in my prayers and I also want to encourage you to pray to St. Joseph. I don't want to keep quiet about him because I believe so strongly in his powerful intercession and want you to, as well. I'm not alone in this opinion, at least two doctors of the church (Aquinas and St. Teresa of Avila) back me up on this one, so pray and trust in St. Joseph's humble and powerful intercession!! Also, I am now a firm believer in a gluten and dairy free diet. I also feel it's helpful all around to eat less processed foods. And, as this post from Hebrews inspired me to find a Napro doctor and start my own blog so I could get in on the prayer buddy action, I hope it will inspire you to do the same if you haven't already! May God bless you all and thank you SO much for your prayers and support. I am overjoyed to have made friends in this community of wonderful ladies!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad my post could help...you are making this pregnant lady cry!! :) Praise the Lord for Napro!!! I'll be praying daily for your little one to grow big and strong!

    ReplyDelete