Friday, March 30, 2012

Some Thoughts

It's cold again here. The couple weeks we had of really nice warm weather have been put on hold for a little while. I think it should start getting warmer again next week and hopefully our weather just follows that trend.

I've felt a little yucky a few times, but it passes. Nothing like what I imagine morning sickness to be. I've also been noticing that I have major morning sweats now. They're annoying, but I guess it could be worse. I had been super thirsty, but my thirst has calmed down a little bit these past couple days. I'm trying not to over analyze my symptoms. I don't want them to disappear, because I know that can be a bad sign. But I also know that some women don't have very many symptoms early on or during their entire pregnancy. I need to remember that everyone is different and try not to compare or worry.

I've also been thinking a lot about my diet, again. Right now, my husband and I eat gluten free and mostly vegan. Sometimes, I feel somewhat self conscious about this, and worry I'm not going to be able to handle people's opinions or advice about our diet. Especially when, God willing, the baby arrives and we're at the point of transitioning to solid foods. I'm going to want to just introduce fruits and veggies and gluten free whole grains. No dairy, meat or processed foods. I want to breastfeed exclusively for the first year and then I want to supplement with breastfeeding through the second year, while introducing organic whole foods to my baby, little by little. Am I going to be confident enough to feed my family this way? I really want to be, but a small voice in my brain is very critical and doesn't trust myself. Ugh. If you have any words of support and encouragement for me, I would love it.

I can't believe Lent is almost over. Good Friday is only a week away! I cannot believe God has blessed us with a BABY this Lent!!! Is this real? Is this my life? It must be someone else who just became pregnant. It can't be me! Oh my goodness, it is. This is so crazy and so wonderfully amazing.

I'm thankful I made this blog and can share my complete joy with you here. I would love to meet all my readers some day, I know there have been so many blogger meet-ups, and they sound like so much fun!! If anyone lives in driving distance of Boston, let me know, I'd love to plan a get together!

1 comment:

  1. It IS your life!!! It's hard to believe at first, isn't it? I think I was seven months pregnant before I finally got my head wrapped around being pregnant. Now I have to wrap my head around the fact that the baby's coming out...and soon!! :) It goes by fast...savor every moment.

    ReplyDelete